FORUMS: list search recent posts

Composer Window Zooming In

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Flesher
Composer Window Zooming In
on Jul 28, 2015 at 7:53:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a basic question that I think is due to some setting that I have enabled / disabled.

When I am in the Effects Editor the Source / Record windows are zoomed way in. If I start zooming out the image disappears completely and I have to enable the title safe bars to see where it is. When I use the hand tool (Control+Option) it only works when I am zoomed way into the image - as soon as I back out a little it stops functioning. When I exit the Effects Editor, the images return to normal size.

Is there a way to center the image again so I can apply effects?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Composer Window Zooming In
on Jul 28, 2015 at 10:50:18 pm

When you go into EFFECTS MODE, the controls that appear in the PROGRAM monitor include two magnifying glasses, one with a + and one with a -. Click on the "-" one to zoom out, and the "+" to zoom in...so I think you need to click the "+" a few times to get back in.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Daniel Flesher
on Jul 28, 2015 at 11:21:19 pm

Sorry, I guess I'm not being clear enough.

When I use the Magnifying Glasses to zoom either in or out, the image in the Composer Window glitches a little and repositions to the lower left corner of the image. However, I cannot see the image when I start zooming out and the only way for me to get a grasp of where it is is to enable the Title Safe lines.

When I start zooming in I can only begin to center the image if I am about 3x zoomed into the frame (and it only zooms in or out at the lower left corner - even if I reposition the frame in closeup and start zooming out the image will snap back to the lower left corner and only zoom back from that perspective.)

It's a little vexing and my hunch is a tech glitch, but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if there is an easy remedy?

Return to posts index

Rob Wilson
on Oct 16, 2015 at 6:37:49 pm

I'm seeing this too. Did you ever get it resolved?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]