FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating 3 synchronized video

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lior Aouate
Creating 3 synchronized video
on Jul 11, 2015 at 1:30:10 pm

Hello,

I am a student in architecture and I am creating a video for my final show that has 3 projectors with 3 films. The films will be synchronized between them(one audio source, and similar images).

What is the "correct" way to do this?

Currently I started the project and I am doing this by creating 3 video channels, this way synchronizing is easy, and in the final export, I'll export 3 times, 1 time for each channel. The problem with this method is that I cannot play two/three channels at the same time to so how the images "communicate".

Is there a better way than what I am doing? Or is there a way to watch few channels at the same time?

I am using Media composer 8.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Creating 3 synchronized video
on Jul 11, 2015 at 3:47:11 pm

Apply the 3D warp effect to each clip and resize as needed. Remove the effects before final output. It's cumbersome, but it will get the job done. I don't know of any NLE that has multiple output video channels.

Return to posts index

Lior Aouate
on Jul 11, 2015 at 4:04:15 pm

I will resize each clip if no other options, but it applying the effects hundreds of times.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 11, 2015 at 4:16:13 pm

Not sure of this fits your workflow...

If you can rough edit each layer separately, you can then nest all clips in each video track and apply the 3D warp to the nest. Then "step in" to each nested track to make adjustments when you play down the resized tracks. Be sure to duplicate each sequence for safety before nesting,as there is NO un-nest command. Depending on the power of your hardware, you may have difficulty playing this in real time. If you have no experience with nesting in Avid, read up on it in the manual via the Help Menu.

Return to posts index

Lior Aouate
on Jul 11, 2015 at 4:18:26 pm

Unfortunately no. I need to edit them all together, otherwise all the queues between videos will be a real pain to get correctly.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 11, 2015 at 8:26:05 pm

Sorry. There really isn't a good solution to what you want to accomplish in Avid. If you have access to Premiere, it might be slightly easier, as resize is a parameter rather than effect that has to be added.

Return to posts index

Gary Hazen
on Jul 13, 2015 at 3:18:21 pm

[Lior Aouate] "my final show that has 3 projectors with 3 films. The films will be synchronized between them(one audio source, and similar images)."

Synchronizing the playback of multiple videos is possible, but it's not easy or cheap.

Here's an old thread from the Live & Stage Events forum that you may find useful.

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/158/855769

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]