FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pan and Zoom problems

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robby Rotfeld
Pan and Zoom problems
on Jul 7, 2015 at 1:18:26 pm

I'm having trouble getting the Avid Pan & Zoom to execute an "ease out". I'm working with still photos and finding that the stills actually seem to accelerate before coming to a stop, which is the opposite effect I'm looking for. I've tried using lots of different keyframe combos with different velocity settings but nothing seems to give me an ease out. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Robby

Return to posts index

Per Scaffidi
Re: Pan and Zoom problems
on Dec 16, 2015 at 5:44:03 pm

I know this is late, and I'm not sure that I'm having your exact same problem, but Pan & Zoom seems to be broken at the moment (I'm running v8.4). When I do a zoom + pan, the camera pulls out but also sort of boomerangs between the keyframes. So if I start on the CU of a man on the far side of a photo and zoom out to the full photo, the man will actually go offscreen for a second as the camera boomerangs out to the wide shot. There are a few other people complaining on the Avid community forums. I have a call with Avid support this afternoon to find out what the problem is, because it's unusable (and I'm starting to cut a 18-minute doc entirely comprised of stills)

Return to posts index

Per Scaffidi
Re: Pan and Zoom problems
on Dec 16, 2015 at 10:51:11 pm

UPDATE: I spoke with Avid tech support and this issue is supposedly being worked on by the engineering team. Bug #MCCET-19.

I was playing around with the Boris effects Pan&zoom, and there are some things I like, some things I'm not sure about, and it's $200.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]