FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID Match Frame to earlier Subclip-Version

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Elschner
AVID Match Frame to earlier Subclip-Version
on Jul 7, 2015 at 11:24:36 am

Hello cows,

i've got a serious problem in avid right now. The editor used only an audio mixdown for editing. I have to bring back all audio tracks before exporting to an aaf to pro tools. The problem is, that the delivered audio clips were always 2 Clips per Take (one ST-Mix an one polyphone Clips with all the separate tracks). When I use match frame avid only takes me to the ST-Mix.

When I created the subclips in the beginning of the project I used the auto sync function to create Subclips with all Tracks included (ST-Mix+ rest). Out of them, i made subclips with only the ST-Mix which i gave to the editor.

So my question is, can i somehow link to the older subclip-version (including all audio tracks) i made the subclips for the editor from? I don't need to go back to the original file, because there are always 2 and it will always link to the the ST-Mix, which I don't need.

I hope here is someone who can help me.

Thank u very much!!

Best regards,
Robert

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
Re: AVID Match Frame to earlier Subclip-Version
on Jul 11, 2015 at 2:22:44 pm

Unfortunately, that is not how MatchFrame works, it does not know about any 'history', it only stores one 'connection'.

That said, you should be able to the original audio, depending on how it was brought in.

Park on the clip you need to find the other tracks for, hit MatchFrame. With the synced clip loaded in the source monitor, deselect V1 on the source(!) side, and hit MatchFrame again. This should open up the audio-only clip. If the original tracks were brought in individually, you can only matchframe back to one of the used tracks. If the original tracks were brought in as multitrack master clips, that clip with all tracks will pop up.

But it would be way easier to do this in Pro Tools. Simply copy all audio media to a disk for sound editorial and create a non-embedded ("link to media") AAF of your sequence. In PT, open this AAF, and flag the dialogue tracks as "Field Recorder Guide Tracks". This allows the sound editor to bring up all related tracks for each timeline event, and extract those ISO channels onto separate tracks. Can be done in batch as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]