FORUMS: list search recent posts

Display record monitor on an external monitor via blackmagic design ultrastudio express

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikhil Nath
Display record monitor on an external monitor via blackmagic design ultrastudio express
on Jul 5, 2015 at 6:19:11 am

Can somebody please help me figure how to play the timeline on an external monitor (a tv)? I have blackmagic design ultrastudio express connected via thunderbolt to Mac Pro. I'm kinda new to Media Composer. I'm using MC version 8.3

Can i also get help to import a FCP 7.0 project into avid?

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Display record monitor on an external monitor via blackmagic design ultrastudio express
on Jul 5, 2015 at 5:34:40 pm

Install the latest drivers for that device, and then connect it to the computer via Thunderbolt, and then to the TV via HDMI. Audio will ONLY go out the device if you use it, so you'll have to monitor audio from the TV, or if the device has audio outs, connect those to your mixer.

[Nikhil Nath] "Can i also get help to import a FCP 7.0 project into avid?"

There is no way to do this. Sequence/Timeline yes...whole project, no.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nikhil Nath
Re: Display record monitor on an external monitor via blackmagic design ultrastudio express
on Jul 5, 2015 at 6:19:28 pm

Thank You Shane. (:

Once I update blackmagic design ultrastudio express, would media composer play the sequence on the connected tv automatically? Do I have to tweak any settings?
Forgive my ignorance. I didn't have a teacher.

I have heard about automatic duck plug in to import sequences from FCP into MC. I read they were giving away that plug in for free. But I guess I was couple of years late. They don't have it on their website anymore. Can somebody tell me if it's available to download anywhere else? That will be such a big help. I can't afford to buy Boris plug in. 300$ is like 3 million $ to me now. :(

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 5, 2015 at 6:23:47 pm

[Nikhil Nath] "Once I update blackmagic design ultrastudio express, would media composer play the sequence on the connected tv automatically?"

It should, yes.

[Nikhil Nath] "Do I have to tweak any settings?"

I didn't have to.

[Nikhil Nath] "I have heard about automatic duck plug in to import sequences from FCP into MC. I read they were giving away that plug in for free. But I guess I was couple of years late. They don't have it on their website anymore."

Yes, that is one way, and it did cost, then was free, but now down because they are being updated. So soon. But they were as expensive as the Boris one...actually a little more. You can try to use Resolve Lite, but that takes a little research to figure out.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nikhil Nath
on Jul 5, 2015 at 6:33:05 pm

Okay. I'll try Resolve Lite. Thank You again for your generous mind. Have a good day ahead. (:

Return to posts index

Nikhil Nath
on Jul 8, 2015 at 12:15:40 pm

I got it working beautifully. Thank you Shane.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]