FORUMS: list search recent posts

DNXHR installation

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron German
DNXHR installation
on Jul 1, 2015 at 1:22:42 pm

I tried to instal the DNXHR / HD LE codec 2.6.0 (free) version in two systems, both with the same versions of Vegas 13.0 and Premiere Pro 6.0: a desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate and a notebook with Windows 8.1.
The system with Windows 7 hasn`t got the DNXHR option to render / export, only DNXHD; but the system with Windows 8.1 show both DNXHR and DNXHD options.
Is there any incompatibility between Windows 7 and DNXHR codec?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ron German
Re: DNXHR installation
on Jul 2, 2015 at 11:38:25 pm

Nobody can help?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jul 4, 2015 at 5:15:09 pm

I'm running windows 7 (64bit) with Avid MC 8.4 and Avid DS. Both programs see the codec for read/write, but in my situation they were installed with 8.4, not as a separate install.

Can't speak to how other programs on other os's will react.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Jul 4, 2015 at 6:24:01 pm

Thank you Glenn. Not a Avid user, but Vegas 13 and Premiere pro 6, and both only shows DNXHD as a option, not DNXHR.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 4, 2015 at 6:38:45 pm

Some programs use FFMEG to decode/encode and is why some of them don't see DNxHR, even when the codec is installed as part of the QT library. Resolve is another example of an application that does not use QuicTime libraries to decode/encode. Same for DCP-O-Matic - a free, open source DCP authoring an encoding application.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Jul 4, 2015 at 7:14:09 pm
Last Edited By Ron German on Jul 4, 2015 at 7:19:14 pm

Thanks Michael.
But why the system (notebook) with Windows 8.1 with the same versions of Vegas 13 and Premiere Pro 6 (installed also in the desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate) shows DNXHR, as I said before?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 5, 2015 at 12:46:04 pm

I don't know what is causing that. On my Mac Powerbook, Some apps see DNxHR and not DNxHD. I have reported this behavior during beta, but never anything concrete back that might be a solution to the problem.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]