FORUMS: list search recent posts

avid edit suite

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ken warner
avid edit suite
on Jun 30, 2015 at 8:30:55 am

Please help
For years my best friend and I filmed concerts and done video work around the lake with cannon xl1 after wearing them out we bought a few sony betacam sp and sx also we picked up a whole edit suite from a PBS station that was shut down before we could get it all together my friend passed and I have no clue how to cable this stuff up....please help here is a list of what I have
Avid media composer
Compaq workstation
Avid hard drive raid
Video interface
Audio interface
Audio buffer amp
Sony vtr
Scope shelf
Waveform
Stereo audio monitor
Sigma video da
Adc audio patch bay
The avid has 6 drives
Any help would be apreciated I know this stuff is old but it's all we had money for and he could always work magic with nothing ....I'm gonna miss him

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: avid edit suite
on Jun 30, 2015 at 5:43:47 pm

The bigger consideration is that much of that SD signal based infrastructure is no longer that relevant. What production types and delivery requirements are you getting now for the production work that you do? I have not had a deck of any kind for about 5 years in my work as it has all gone file based. I get the occasional DVD request, but mostly my deliveries are all file based as well.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:37:27 pm

You are going to have to try to find someone familiar with older Avid setups. Because this could be anything...Avid Meridian? Older Avid ABVB? I don't think it's as new as Adrenaline...but might. You'll need someone who's set up older Avid's to come look at this.

But yeah, this sounds VERY old. Talking more than 10 years old. I'm sure that a newer PC and a subscription to Avid, or Adobe CC wouldn't have run more than this...unless you got it all for like $500.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

ken warner
on Jun 30, 2015 at 8:40:47 pm

Yeah we got it for a song and we got it 6 years ago we just never hooked it all up 13 cams and all that for around the tv station was going out of business I would just like to get it hooked up to see what's up with it. We where so set up with our cannons and switcher we just kept using that for live performance work.

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Jul 1, 2015 at 8:19:13 am

Send it all to recycling. Seriously tech that old beeds an experienced hand to manage. And to be honest its just too far past sell by. I bet the 6 drives are all SCSI and if lucky you have 50GB storage. Thats nothing nowadays.
An HPZ400 used plus monthly MC subscription will give you far more for not much outlay.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]