FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lets imporve the CDL AVID workflow

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antony Dupsta
Lets imporve the CDL AVID workflow
on Jun 30, 2015 at 2:06:39 am

Hey there,

I am on the VFX side of the film world here, I am not an editor but need to ask a few techie questions to an AVID guru assistant editor. Specifically about exporting CDLs.

Usually VFX receives an EDL file with lets say 30 clip's timecode, edits, and CDL values. VFX than manually extract just the CDL values for the compositing package. An EDL is not very helpful as we are only after those cdl values, that's it. The EDL houses all these CDLs. Can we modify that?

Can Avid create .cdl files.

Case study. Avid assistant has 30 clips on the timeline, each clip has metadata that contains CDL values create by the DIT on set when building dailies.

The assistant Editor needs to pass along those 30 cdls values to a bunch of different artist. How can these be batched out as individual files and passed along. I want to avoid lumping them all into one edl file.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Lets imporve the CDL AVID workflow
on Jun 30, 2015 at 5:40:47 pm

I don't know how quickly you will see Avid provide that functionality but in the meantime, it should be pretty straightforward to create a python script or XSLT that would take in an EDL with CDL values and export a CDL.xml file.

Michael

Return to posts index

Antony Dupsta
Re: Lets imporve the CDL AVID workflow
on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:29:29 pm

Thanks for the band-aid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]