FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC 8 external display bug

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philippe Gariépy
MC 8 external display bug
on Jun 25, 2015 at 5:17:50 pm

Hello everyone. Former FCP editor moving into the wonderful Avid world. I'm slowly getting to know the software and I'm actually starting to like it.

I have a little set-up at home. I'm working on a MacBook Pro Retina running Yosemite, 2.3 Ghz, 8 Gb memory. I recently bought an Asus MX239 external display. I don't use it as a full screen display, it's actually my main display when I edit. It's bigger and easier to use.

Here's the bug I just found out. When I open any setting window in MC, I can't click on anything. I can navigate in the windows using the keyboard, but when I try to click on something, it just makes the "boop" sound. It does this in all of them. And here's the weird part : if I grab the window and bring it into the other display (the MacBook one), all of a sudden, I can click on anything. It also works if I just drag it into the MacBook display and bring it right back into the external.

It's as if my external display isn't really recognized by Avid. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Everything else is in perfect working order, playback works fine, etc. It's really just the damn settings windows who won't work...

Thanks to everyone in advance!

BTW, English is my second language, so sorry if some parts of this post sound weird...

Return to posts index

Aynsley Baldwin
Re: MC 8 external display bug
on Jul 3, 2015 at 12:28:38 am

I am having the same problem. Though I find that I don't necessarily need to move the windows between displays, I just need to grab them and move them anywhere, however slightly, in order for the window to become useable. This is the case with bins as well as settings windows. Very much looking forward to a solution for this problem!

Cheers,
Aynsley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]