FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making a video look like stop motion - reference to Johnny Cash's video "Gods gonna Cut you Down"

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hollie Cooper
Making a video look like stop motion - reference to Johnny Cash's video "Gods gonna Cut you Down"
on Jun 22, 2015 at 10:05:08 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but hopefully you will all be kind enough to point me in the right direction (I have faith haha)

So I'm looking to shoot and edit a running video soon and had gotten inspiration from the Johnny Cash video - Gods gonna cut you down

I loved the combined use of video and stop motion and wanted to know how to recreate the stop motion parts. I say stop motion though there's something interesting about the way its filmed (or is it not even filmed or rather actually photography, creating the stop motion)

I think the key thing about the videos "Stop motion" is the blur between images, you get a nice overlapping between two shots, which I feel really adds to the video. I was wondering if anyone had any experience shooting this sort of thing, can it be done with video, and dropping the frame rate? Or is this actually a photography job?

I think I'll be using Avid and After effects to edit this, so let me know your ideas :)

Any help would be much appreciated and to help shed some light on how to recreate this awesome video - apologies if this is in the wrong category.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Making a video look like stop motion - reference to Johnny Cash's video "Gods gonna Cut you Down"
on Jun 23, 2015 at 12:18:31 am

Drop a TIMEWARP effect on the clip...don't change the speed, but adjust the STROBE to the desired effect. For example, start with 5 and see how that looks

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
Re: Making a video look like stop motion - reference to Johnny Cash's video "Gods gonna Cut you Down"
on Jun 24, 2015 at 12:49:00 pm

Try using BCC Time - Temporal Blur. You'll have to play around with the settings.
If you don't have BCC, try using strobe at say 5 frames on one layer, and say 3 frames on a layer above, and half mixing between the two.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]