FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Delayed Write Failure..." ............with Media Director

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory Keenan
"Delayed Write Failure..." ............with Media Director
on Jun 22, 2015 at 2:17:53 pm

I work in broadcast and we have a PC based Avid system with Isis and Interplay.

We shoot on both P2 & XDcam, and have several methods of ingesting media.

The ingest method I'm having problems with is "Media Director".

We use this utility to ingest to ingest P2 & XDcam.
It was working fine since we got this system (about 2 months ago). Then the media Director utility started displaying an error and would not ingest.

The error message was:
Delayed Write Failure for file "0031V300.MXF" Error code 0XC0000075

Once we drag our volume into the utility, we use the "P2 ingest" option. We do this whether it's a P2 card or an XD-disc. It was working fine until last week.

I have tried it with different P2 cards and XD-discs and continue getting the "Delayed Write Failure..."

I have tried ingesting the same P2 cards and XD-discs via AMA link (followed by consolidate) and that works fine, so it's not the P2/XD discs or connection to the CPU. That also tells me it's not a problem with the Isis drive.

I'm guessing it must be something in Media Director.

I'm just switching back to Avid after several years on other systems, so media director and Interplay are still new to me.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Return to posts index

Andy Mayr
Re: "Delayed Write Failure..." ............with Media Director
on Jul 15, 2015 at 9:56:25 am

Hi Rory,

One of our colleagues found your posting here on CC and pointed me to it. The message you are describing has nothing to do with Media | Director; it is from the ISIS driver and typically indicates that something is wrong with your shared storage access: Either a problem with the ISIS directly, the client side or the infrastructure inbetween.

I suggest you open a case with Avid Customer Care. They can help you using the diagnostics toolset that comes with ISIS to troubleshoot the issue.

Best Regards,
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]