FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Dot Using AMA, but not with Import even though correct framerate

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ben rosenblum
Green Dot Using AMA, but not with Import even though correct framerate
on Jun 20, 2015 at 7:04:42 pm

Hi I'm relatively new to the adding media side of Avid. I've been trying to bring media onto my 29.98 project, first starting out using AMA linked media. My footage was shot with 23.98 footage from a Canon 5d Mk ii, yet there's this green dot that apparently lets you know when footage is the wrong framerate. I've edited a bit with the green dotted footage, and I'm wondering if there's a way for me to fix this. I recently tried IMPORTING versus going the AMA/Transcoding route, and the Importing doesn't have the green dot. Is there a reason for this? Is there a way that I can get rid of the green dot in my already edited footage?

I'm using MC version 8.3 and Mac OS Yosemite. I've heard there's some issues with Yosemite and AVID, so not sure if that may be it.

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Best,

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Green Dot Using AMA, but not with Import even though correct framerate
on Jun 21, 2015 at 1:06:36 am

Although it's hard to tell, the green indicator can be a got or a square. So it can mean that the clips has:

1. Different frame rate
2. Color transform (LUT)
3. Image transform (FrameFlex)

In this scenario, a LUT is most likely being applied automatically. Go to source settings and check the color tab and make sure there is not a transform applied. On the color transform you can delete whatever is being applied or check the "bypass" box.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]