FORUMS: list search recent posts

best method to getting media from multiple drives to one drive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Mick
best method to getting media from multiple drives to one drive
on Jun 20, 2015 at 1:28:01 am

Hello aone episodeat my internship, I find that some projects in order to get one episode online, I must plug in almost 10 to 12 drives.what is the best method to get all the media from these drives to one drive? logic suggest that I use the media tool, select all available items, including precomputes and sources, then used to consolidate feature and select the blank drive.

Return to posts index

Jon Hensen
Re: best method to getting media from multiple drives to one drive
on Jun 22, 2015 at 3:08:26 pm

Using the media tool may be unnecessary.

Once all 12(?) drives are plugged in, or whatever amount is necessary for the full program to be online, you can simply right-click on the sequence and consolidate it to your new storage. I would just make sure to check the "create new sequence" box so that you are not tampering with the original sequence which links to the original media. With this process you will be making copies of all the media in the sequence and the copies will all link to the new consolidated sequence you have created.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: best method to getting media from multiple drives to one drive
on Jun 22, 2015 at 4:00:06 pm

The difference being "all media" versus media used with any one or more sequences. The method the OP mentioned from the MediaTool would allow you to see all master clips associated with a project (via the project column), move those to a bin and consolidate, or make a sequence from the master clips and consolidate the sequence.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]