FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid export issues with FS7 footage

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Ashby
Avid export issues with FS7 footage
on Jun 18, 2015 at 6:59:56 am

Hi Guys,

Having a really odd issue when I am trying to export FS7 footage as a flattened file to send to grade.

I have FS7 clips in Avid, they look fine.
I can apply heavy colour correction in Avid and they still look fine.

However, if I export a flattened quicktime from Avid (without any grades) and import the flattened file into Resolve, and try and grade in Resolve, we get really severe banding.

The RAW clips grade fine in Resolve.

My Render settings in AVID are DNxHD 185x (it's a 25p Project)

When I output, I've tried using DNx185 (10bit) DNxHR (High Quality 10bit) and ProRes 422(HQ)
The DN185x output was the best, but still gave enough banding when output to be unusable.

The only way around the issue that we can see would be to do a full conform and grade in Resolve off the original camera files, then roundtrip back into AVID, however this will add a large amount of time and cost to our post process.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Simon.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Avid export issues with FS7 footage
on Jun 18, 2015 at 12:32:53 pm

check your media creation settings for rendering. the color correction is rendered in that codec when flattened (even if it plays in real time fine). If it differs from your export codec, you will be adding another level of compression. Just a guess.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid export issues with FS7 footage
on Jun 18, 2015 at 12:38:37 pm

Are they still FST clips in Avid? Are they linked, consolidated or transcoded in Avid? As mentioned, it seems that the flattened file you sent is at a different codec/data rate than what you are working with in Media Composer.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]