FORUMS: list search recent posts

PDW-U1 export error

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniele Peri
PDW-U1 export error
on Jun 13, 2015 at 11:19:45 pm

Hello to everyone,

I have a workstation with Windows 7 and AMC 8.3 installed, and I have a problem with my PDW-U1. When I try to export a sequence to disk, I have this error:

On another workstation (Mac Pro), all work perfectly. Can you help me please?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Daniele Peri
Re: PDW-U1 export error
on Jun 16, 2015 at 8:08:29 pm

nobody?

Return to posts index

Jimmy See
Re: PDW-U1 export error
on Jun 18, 2015 at 4:03:22 am

tried to google your issue and found this http://community.avid.com/forums/t/134234.aspx which I'm guessing is you since the circumstances are identical.

Sony helpfully don't seem to have placed a manual with error codes listed anywhere.

I wish I could be more helpful because I'm sure you've already tried most of my suggestions. Here they are anyway though, have you tried unplugging the unit itself from the workstation and power cycling both workstation and PDW-U1? Also, how is it connected to the workstation? Is the USB 2 interface connected via any USB extension leads? If so, try eliminating that and connect the device directly to the workstation, and try a different USB port on the workstation, hopefully from a completely different bus. Also, try those same tests, with a different cable if you're still no joy after trying each of them. Is the deck only malfunctioning on writing to disc out of avid, or does it successfully perform other tasks? You might have to do a lot of divide and conquering to figure out precisely what's going on, can you export any sequences at all, or none including the one you want to export? Can you format discs? Can you playback material from an xdcam disc using the XDCAM browser? Do you have many discs available to test with? Is this the same disc that worked fine on the macpro or a different one? It could well be the disc itself.

I don't see any particular reason to believe it's a windows error as the people in the Avid forum believe based on the available evidence, as a matter of fact since they were able to at least partially decipher what the error code meant as "Loader Assembly Error" that sounds to me a lot like it's the unit itself and it's actually trying to tell you that but maybe they know something I don't. I guess since the same unit worked on a macpro there's an indication it isn't faulty.

I just recently resolved an issue with one of these things whereby it refused to export a sequence that had been assembled in a progressive project on to a disc as interlaced by changing the project format prior to export. That issue surfaced with an error message reported in Avid not windows or the XDCAM driver software so it's probably not as serious as what you're experiencing, however it might be worth trying the same solution that worked for that issue just in case. The fix for that particular problem was to start a new, interlaced project and copy the bin containing the progressive sequence in to the new, empty project and exporting from there. Doing it that way I encountered no errors.

I'm guessing also that you've checked in the basic information tab on the drive utility software that the particulars for the disc are all as they should be. Also, just in case it is an issue with the deck itself, the disc is inserted the right way up right? I know that sounds patronising especially since you wrote a disc before already but have to ask everything just in case.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]