FORUMS: list search recent posts

Title Tool (and Marquee) stopped working on Upgrade from 8.0.0 to 8.3

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Pilarski
Title Tool (and Marquee) stopped working on Upgrade from 8.0.0 to 8.3
on Jun 12, 2015 at 3:40:45 am

Any encounter this problem? Title tool opens and functions, but then will not save to a bin. Same with Marquee, it will render out the animation but then will not save to a bin. If you go to close the title tool it gives a warning, something like, your title is not saved, if you quit you will lose it. I checked the media creation HD, and that is not the problem.

Thought I would check here before I contact Avid support. The system is a client's 2009 iMac. Again, the title tool worked fine in 8.0.0, but when upgraded to 8.3 several other problems were fixed, but the title tool is now not working.

Return to posts index

Merryn Cooper
Re: Title Tool (and Marquee) stopped working on Upgrade from 8.0.0 to 8.3
on Dec 19, 2015 at 7:41:59 am

Hi there
I am trying to create titles in Avid using title tool and or marquee and I managed to make the title save it to a bin which it does but when I look at in in the viewer its just black. I did some titles not too long ago and it worked fine. Does anyone have a clue what I can do to remedy this ????

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Dec 20, 2015 at 2:32:49 am

Not sure it's related, but, just in case, I'll note that the title tool and marquee does not work if you're in a 4K project.

Return to posts index

Ann Foo
on Jul 14, 2016 at 11:42:12 am

Thanks Bill, I have just discovered this! (on media composer 8.5)
Is there a workaround here or any alternative built-in title option within Avid for temp titles? I got an error message prompting me to install NewBlue titler, which I did, but this is a seperate application which I don't really want to learn for the sake of a temp title since it will get re-done by a motion GFX artist anyway. Surely there must be a built-in option for 4k projects within Avid?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jul 16, 2016 at 3:17:26 pm

if you just want to do a simple placeholder title...new blue is fine. There isn't a lot to learn. Type your text, pick your font and exit. It will save as it closes, and give you the title in Avid.

If you want 3d text and lights and all that, then you will need to do some learning.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]