FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid - "upstream pipe stall" error

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amber Albrektsen
Avid - "upstream pipe stall" error
on Jun 11, 2015 at 3:04:45 pm

I keep getting an error message that says "upstream pipe stall" when I'm trying to consolidate video clips that I have AMA'd into Avid. I am using the exact same workflow that I've always used in Avid and has previously worked just fine. So I have no idea what's going on. I have looked this error up online and found no viable solution for me that has worked.

I get this error when I try several clips at once AND when I try one clip at a time. I have re-started Avid and tried again, and I have re-started the whole computer and tried again.

Nothing seems to work and none of the suggestions I've found online have helped. (i.e. run a long YouTube video in the background while you bring them in. which is LUDICROUS, btw!!!!, etc...)

If you have any suggestions, please help. I have spent all together way too long on this crap.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Milena Malchiodi
Re: Avid - "upstream pipe stall" error
on Jul 22, 2015 at 1:29:50 pm

Same problem here!
Have you found any solution?

-MiL-

Return to posts index

Brian Dalton
on Oct 14, 2015 at 8:19:48 pm
Last Edited By Brian Dalton on Nov 18, 2015 at 10:17:55 pm

The solution I found was to switch from USB 3.0 BACK to USB 2.0.

A gross oversimplification but here it is: USB 3.0 was causing the information to reach Avid too quickly. Hope this information helps.

WHAT FINALLY WORKED: Ultimately, I had to switch from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 and then delete (or deselect) the "data track" after AMA linking. I was working with FS7 footage.

Brian Dalton
http://www.bdalton.tv

Return to posts index

Marissa Gouverne
on Oct 20, 2015 at 5:12:42 pm

I was struggling with this last week. I found that I could transcode most of the clips one at a time, but two were causing this error. I then took the original clips (.mts clips off of AVCHD media), threw them on the desktop, then AMA'd those and they transcoded fine.

Return to posts index

Hillary Demmon
on Oct 16, 2015 at 2:49:57 pm

I just had this problem recently and had the following work for me on Mac.

System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Uncheck "Put hard disks to sleep when possible."

I think that's a recommended setting for Avid anyway, but I had recently gotten a new computer and forgotten to change that setting. I was transferring a large amount of data from 2 drives and I think they were going to sleep when I got the "upstream pipe stall."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]