FORUMS: list search recent posts

DNXHRX mixdown errors

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Coote
DNXHRX mixdown errors
on Jun 9, 2015 at 11:11:25 pm

Anybody else seeing this? Anytime I try to mixdown graphics from photoshop (imported PNG's at DNXHRX) in a UHD 2160p 29.97 project, the mixdown won't play back and I get core consistency errors. Workaround is to export the sequence at DNXHRX, then re-import it. When I mix that down - no problems. Anytime I do a mix down with video as the source (not GFX), I don't get the problem. I have only noticed this with DNXHRX mixdowns on graphics (white text on black).

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: DNXHRX mixdown errors
on Jun 10, 2015 at 12:31:38 pm

I'll have to take a look at this the next time I'm in front of a system with some time to play. Which DNxHR data rate are you using> Are you in proxy mode? Are you importing and to what DMxHR codec? Is it all graphics or just the white text on back? Can you try AMA linking to graphics file and try it again to see if it makes a difference? What version of OS, QuickTime and Media Composer?

Michael

Return to posts index

Chris Coote
on Jun 10, 2015 at 5:44:23 pm

I'm using DNXHRX. No proxy mode. Importing and then doing a mixdown to the same DNXHRX codec.
The only time it seems to happen is when it's white text on black. Mixing down to any of the other UHD
codecs doesn't seem to cause a problem. I just tried AMA'ing the PNG files instead of importing, and that mixdown worked. Using MC v8.3.1 and OS 10.9.4. I have both quicktime 7.6.6 and 10.3 installed.
Late 2013 trash can.

Thanks
Chris

Return to posts index

Chris Coote
on Jun 18, 2015 at 5:18:37 pm

OK, just had the problem again - this time when mixing down a frame of white made in photoshop and imported as a PNG.
I can't believe this is only happening to me - maybe not very many people cutting in UHD?...

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Jun 19, 2015 at 12:29:09 am

DNxHR HQX

Return to posts index

Chris Coote
on Jun 22, 2015 at 8:11:23 pm

Huh?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>