FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live logging / real time logging

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Baker
Live logging / real time logging
on Jun 9, 2015 at 12:59:08 pm

I've got hours of interviews I want to quickly and roughly transcribe myself, and my workflow has always been (in Media Composer):

1. load the clip into the source monitor

2. mark in and out on-the-fly using the keyboard

3. make a subclip

4. next to the subclip in the bin I type a quick description of what I've just heard, in the 'Comments' column

So my question is, there must be a quicker way of doing this? Can I type my description on-the-fly, while the clip is playing?

(A bit like in the old Media Logger application you could mark in and out and log on the fly, and then batch capture)

Any workflow tips or alternative software recommendations gratefully appreciated...

I'm using Media Composer 8.3.

Olly

o baker

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Live logging / real time logging
on Jun 10, 2015 at 12:33:36 pm

I saw your same posting on the Avid community and the answer there is the best you got. There is no way to do that within Media Composer as there are very few things you can do while clips pay without disrupting playback. Adding locator/marks or in-out points are a few of them. If you have a supported mixer you can so a mix during playback.

Michael

Return to posts index

Oliver Baker
on Jun 10, 2015 at 1:30:59 pm

Yes it was a good tip (but sadly not a full solution), here for anyone else who wants to see it:

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/134191/764256.aspx#764256

Its never really been a problem for me before - I've just done it the long way - its only because I've just done a project on Premiere Pro that I've noticed it makes things quicker if you can type a clip description while its playing. It would be a good feature addition to Avid if you could type descriptions on the fly during playback.

Olly

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 10, 2015 at 1:36:47 pm

Doing anything else while clips are playing have been a long time request. :)

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]