FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Overlay/'Video Box' into a clip

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Harper
Adding Overlay/'Video Box' into a clip
on Jun 6, 2015 at 12:38:27 pm

Hi all,

Basically I'm trying to figure out how to do these two things within AVID (if possible). If it isn't would someone be able to explain to me how I can import them in via AE? I'll add photos showing exactly what it is I'm going for.
By the way, the examples in the photos were done in Premiere, however as I use AVID I would like to be able to do it on that, just haven't had much success figuring it out. I only say this in case if you wondered "why didn't he just ask the person who sent him this how to do it?".

1. A slightly white transparent overlay that can have 'info', as it were, placed in it. Like in this photo

2. A slightly rotated white box in which images/videos can be placed. Like in this photo

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Adding Overlay/'Video Box' into a clip
on Jun 9, 2015 at 12:07:39 pm

This can be done directly in Avid, BUT ...

First, in my opinion, you'll need to design backwards from the completed image as you have posted and make a decision on how you are going to get to that point. This would be helpful in deciding where this is done, using Photoshop, After Effects or Avid or in all 3 programs - prepping them in PS or AE and completing in Avid.

Pic 1 can be done by creating part or all of the elements in Photoshop and imported and placed in Avid - partial would be to create all except text in PS, import and use title tool for the text. Depends a lot on how you want the elements to appear over video. Do you want it to come in already complete or do you want to add text as points in time? Do you want them to fade or wipe or do you want them to animate?

This all is basically the same for Pic 2. You'll be using Alpha Channels and or Matte Keys. Like there has been little response because there are so many ways to accomplish and it all goes back to how you want to get to the final images posted.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
Re: Adding Overlay/'Video Box' into a clip
on Jun 10, 2015 at 7:01:35 pm

Both are easy enough in Avid itself.
For the 1st, you can use the Title Tool by itself to make first a white box, as transparent as you like, (probably as one title on V2) The other boxes on top of that can be all in one go, with text on top of the boxes, or each separate depending on if you want constant changes and how those changes are planned.
For the 2nd frame, you can make a white box in the title tool, placed on V2, then your inserted video on V3 and using 3D Blend (from the Blend Modes) adjust the picture using resize, position and corner pin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]