FORUMS: list search recent posts

Group clips without excess audio

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Hubbard
Group clips without excess audio
on Jun 4, 2015 at 4:35:22 pm

Hi,

In short, I'm looking to group picture to second source audio and end up with a timeline of grouped clips, where each clip's length is determined by the length of the picture portion, and not the audio.

I'm syncing material for a short film. The camera and sound recorder weren't jammed so I'm syncing manually off slates.

Most of the time, the audio recorder ran longer than the camera. So if you were to imagine a timeline, there might be a 30 second clip of picture over a 40 second piece of audio. When I group them together by in-point, I end up with a grouped clip that has 5 seconds of just audio and no picture at the front, and the same at the back. I'd like to end up with a clip that only includes the length of the picture, not the sound, so that when I'm scrubbing through them, I don't have to waste time finding where picture starts.

I hope I'm explaining this clearly :/

Any tips?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Group clips without excess audio
on Jun 5, 2015 at 3:51:23 am

Mark and In and Out for each span of timeline for which you want a new clip from. In this case, video span. When you make a subclip it will become a single event sequence. Hilight that sequence and select "AutoSync" from the Bin menu. It will become a subclip, and in sync.

Michael

Return to posts index

Doug Hubbard
on Jun 10, 2015 at 2:37:45 pm

That's what I needed! Thanks, works well. Now I just have to figure out a way to speed up the steps :/

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:56:35 pm

There is a "supergrouper" that as made as a preset for QuickKeys when working with multicamera and can be seen here:
http://www.avidsupergrouper.com/

It may work for double system audio, but I am on Windows so cannot confirm.

I wrote a step by step on using Pluraleyes and Media Composer to help accelerate some of the steps:

http://24p.com/wordpress/?p=218

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]