FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lift without marking IN and OUT points?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naveen Mallikarjuna
Lift without marking IN and OUT points?
on Jun 1, 2015 at 3:16:12 pm

Is there a way to Lift a clip without having to mark in and out points?

If I select a clip and use the Forward Delete button (on a Mac), the clip is Extracted (so all subsequent clips ripple backwards).

I'd like to just remove the clip without rippling the timeline (i.e. Lift), but I don't see a way to do that without marking in and outs.

Thanks!

MC6.5.2 OSX 10.10.2

Naveen

Return to posts index

Daniel Frome
Re: Lift without marking IN and OUT points?
on Jun 1, 2015 at 4:57:17 pm

Everything ripples back because you have the yellow arrow (extract/splice) activated on the smart tool.

If you only activate the red arrow (lift/overwrite) and do the same thing, the clip will remove without changing the rest of the timeline.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 1, 2015 at 5:21:16 pm

Select the clip and press the regular DELETE key...that'll lift it. But, if there are effects on it...it'll clear those first. meaning you might have to select and delete it twice....as the first delete deletes the effects

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
on Jun 1, 2015 at 7:17:56 pm

Shane - Actually meant to put this in my original post, but both delete keys ("delete" which is the equivalent of "backspace" on a pc, and "delete forward") produce the same result.

Daniel's suggestion did the trick. (Thanks Daniel!)

That said, it's a bit frustrating having to deselect the Extract function first. Wish it worked as Shane mentioned.

Though marking an in and out with the shortcut and then lifting isn't bad. Problem is this only works for one clip, not multiple.

Naveen

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 1, 2015 at 10:08:18 pm

Odd. Doesn't work that way for me. And I'm on a mac.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
on Jun 1, 2015 at 10:37:14 pm

Another random shortcut that should work does not work for me as well. Possible because I am on 6.5.2.

I was told to upgrade to 6.5.4 but that has proven problematic since I'm on Yosemite, and there is an uninstall issue. Will have to do when there's a lull in the work.

Naveen

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 2, 2015 at 5:48:04 pm

If you can live with quickly placing an in/out around the clip, all you have to do is press "T" to put marks around the clip, then "Z" to lift. Takes about a second.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jun 3, 2015 at 6:57:58 am

Red segment select the clip, hit ctrl-x (pc) or cmd-x (mac). That's Power Delete, takes out the clip and any effects applied to it in one go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]