FORUMS: list search recent posts

Same Audio Goes Offline At Launch

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zerweck
Same Audio Goes Offline At Launch
on May 27, 2015 at 6:35:52 pm

I've been working on a feature as an assistant editor for several months right now but lately we've been having an issue on multiple computers that I can't seem to figure out.

For some reason, one of our shots, the same one, goes offline every time the project is opened up, just the audio. I relink the shot easily, work as normal, but the next time the program launches the file is offline again. I have tried rebuilding the databases to no avail. Has anyone experienced anything similar like this?

AVID: 8.3.1
Project: 23.976 1080p, working with 115 DnxHD files.
Computer: OSX 10.9.5

Thank you guys for your help.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Same Audio Goes Offline At Launch
on May 27, 2015 at 7:05:30 pm

How was the clip created in the first place? And was it done via an ALE import and link to media?

Michael

Return to posts index

Bob Zerweck
on May 27, 2015 at 7:09:52 pm

Thanks for the response,

It was transcoded in Redcine X, dnxhd 115. I imported the resulting ALE after copying over the mxf files into Avid Mediafiles.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 27, 2015 at 7:17:24 pm

I never recommend just using the ALE form a third party transcode to relink to media as I always hear about unlinking such as this. The preferred and recommended method is to first import the AAF files also generated by Redcine X Pro, then merge the ALE into the master clips for the additional metadata. AAF caries the parent/child relationship and directly links to the MOB ID's in the mediafiles that is not available by ALE alone.

A lot of this is covered here, and there is a rather detailed RED section:
http://www.avid.com/static/resources/documents/whitepapers/digital_camera/d...

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]