FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble locating consolidating drive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Evans
Trouble locating consolidating drive
on May 27, 2015 at 9:14:31 am

Hi All,

I'm in work at the moment so will properly introduce myself later!

I'm working in MC8.3.1 and I'm having some difficulty consolidating projects. I have Drobo Mini with 2 960GB SSD's in, which acts as my "current projects" drive. When I'm finished with a project I want to consolidate to a standard HD in an external caddy connected by usb3.0 but MC is not showing me the this HD in the consolidate menu, but it will show me others also in the caddy.

Its odd that MC will show me one HD in the bay, but not the other. As far as I can tell both HD's are formatted in the same way. LINK - "Video Archive 4" is the caddy I want to consolidate to but I can not see this in the consolidate menu. The other HD "Trailer shots" is just another drive in my caddy. This I can see in the consolidate menu. I tried taking all the drives out except the one I want to consolidate to and (having read only a little bit about port multiplying) tried the drive in all the different bays but still its not showing up in MC.

I'm aware this might not necessarily be an MC issue, but I'm sorta lost as to what to do now. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Cheers,
Tom

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Trouble locating consolidating drive
on May 27, 2015 at 5:59:56 pm

Drive issues not withstanding, you could always consolidate to a local drive and copy the files across. If you use a drive hasn't previously used, those would be the only files in the AvidMedia Files/mxf/1 folder.

If you have room to consolidate on your ssd raid, rename your 1 folder to something else...say Project raw media and then Avid will make a new 1 folder when it does the consolidate. You can then copy that new 1 folder to your external drive.

For the drive itself, I'd say check your media creation setting to make sure your drives aren't being filtered out, but if you can put a different drive in there and it is visible, then I'm not sure what the issue is. Have you tried reformatting the drive?

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]