FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird Static Audio Appear On AMA Clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Thibault
Weird Static Audio Appear On AMA Clips
on May 27, 2015 at 5:09:34 am

So this is very weird: In MC8.3.1 I imported DNxHR HQ files via AMA into a new project and a new Avid bin. All clips are valid and play. I go ahead and log everything. Still, all clips are fine and valid. I transcode them overnight to DNxHR SQ and everything is fine, all clips are valid and play.

Well, this morning I boot up the Avid project and suddenly the audio channels on half the shots are high volume static and unusable. I trash preferences, settings, and even the user profile. Still static and unusable. I start a new test project and reimport the clips via AMA--The audio plays fine. I copy the bin over to the original project and they play fine.

I try copying the 'corrupted' bin over to the test project and it's full of static on playback. The new bin with the same exact clips via AMA play fine.

What's going on? Is there another setting I have to trash? Basically, there's nothing wrong with this media. The audio plays fine as long as I re-import them via AMA into a new bin. But then I lost ALL the logging work I've done in the original corrupted bin.

Does anybody know what's going on? Is it the bin? When I drag everything to a new bin the static audio persists. Only re-importing the clips via AMA makes the issue go away. Is it a setting?

BTW I'm on Media Composer 8.3.1 software only running on an iMac 5K retina, 4 Ghz Core i7 w/32 Gb of RAM. Audio is going out the headphone jack into a mixer. I have had NO PROBLEMS with this setup until now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]