FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subclips and batch import

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Juig
Subclips and batch import
on May 26, 2015 at 4:08:19 am

Hi,

I wrote about my problem a while ago about synching audio with video using in points. I wanted to reimport media, this time as DNxHD 185 instead of 120. Now the clips are 185, but synched subclips are still offline.

Is there a way to also link them to the new (same but with different resolution) files?

Return to posts index

Juan Juig
Re: Subclips and batch import
on May 26, 2015 at 4:21:19 am
Last Edited By Juan Juig on May 26, 2015 at 4:39:42 am

I do have to mention that I copied my clips within the bin before synching them (I synched copied clips).

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 26, 2015 at 12:30:12 pm

Did you duplicate or copy clips? There is a difference for some operations, but it should not matter in this case. If you select your sync subclip and do a Media Relatives check from the menu at the bottom left of the bin it will highlight all the clips it thinks makes up at that clip. Have you tried highlighting your sync clip and doing a relink? I think the top setting should work to "wake it up" for whatever media is online.

Michael

Return to posts index

Juan Juig
on May 26, 2015 at 4:14:39 pm

I duplicated them and created subclips. I batch imported original clips but they were offline. I used the relink on subclips and they came online and are now DNxHD 185. That's what I wanted. Did I do it correctly? Also now if I move my 120 DNxHD clips from AvidMediaFiles folder, audio of DSLR footage goes offline. Why is that?

Thank you for taking your time and responding.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 27, 2015 at 1:35:28 am

Batch importing into the original clips and not the duplicate clips "should" not be an issue, but ideally you would batch import into the master clip that is directly related to the subclip.

I also question why you would have 120 media still around if you deleted the media and not the master clip when batch importing the camera originals. Duplicating clips only make a duplicate of the master clip (pointer) and not the media itself.

Michael

Return to posts index

Juan Juig
on May 27, 2015 at 8:51:31 am

Ok here is what I did:

I batch imported to the original 120 DNxHD clips, this time in 185 DNxHD but before I did that I copied the 120 DNxHD to another location just in case. I did not batch import into duplicated clips from which I created synched subclips and those duplicated (not yet synched) clips are still 120. I also relinked the subclips (that are actually made of duplicated clips) and are now 185 DNxHD.

Now I have both MXFs. All of the 185 and all of the 120. If I move the 120 to another location audio of DSLR footage goes offline. Which doesn't bother me, but I wonder why that is so.

Also, should I as well relink the duplicated clips that are still 120 (from which I made the synched clips that are now 185) or it doesn't even matter since synched clips are now 185?

I am sorry if I am not clear enough and thank you for your time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]