FORUMS: list search recent posts

DNxHD 120 to 185?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Juig
DNxHD 120 to 185?
on May 25, 2015 at 9:29:40 pm

Hi,

I am working on a project with 3 hours of material. I have imported all the material, synched the seperaely recorded sound and cut the unusable vieos. Only now I have realised that I should have imported my files in 120 DNxHD, while I should in 185 as the school project demands.

Because we shot the project with DSLR there really is no difference in the quality, because DSLR records with lower bitrate than 120Mbps and exporting as 185 (which is demanded) would not be a problem.

However... is there a way to transcode the MXF from 120 to 185 (as bitrate would not really change) within the project or do I have to import, synch and cut all over again? Is there ANY way to turn them into DNxHD 185?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: DNxHD 120 to 185?
on May 25, 2015 at 9:38:11 pm

As you mention, I doubt you will see a difference in trancoding your .sync clip as 180 from the 120 clips, so that might be a way to go. Try it on a few clips and see if you are happy with the results.

On the other hand, if you did import and not AMA linked the files, you can always go to the original master clips, delete the media only, and do a batch import from the camera originals as 180. This will preserve all syncing and edits done so far without the need to redo them.

Michael

Return to posts index

Juan Juig
Re: DNxHD 120 to 185?
on May 25, 2015 at 9:51:48 pm

Thank you SO MUCH for you quick response. I did not know that batch import existed. I hope there will be no further complications.

THANK YOU!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]