FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVC Intra 100

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blaine sweeney
AVC Intra 100
on May 19, 2015 at 1:09:58 pm

Hi, having trouble transcoding AVC Intra 100 files after I have AMA linked them, I get the error message "!!!!
Importing also will not work. I can't play the files either, the "CORE_CONSISTENCY_CHECK_FAILURE" appears in the source window.

I downloaded a file from here http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/... but it did not work.

My version of Avid is 6.0.0 running on Mac Mini OS X 10.8.2.

I work in an edit house and have an edit starting on Thursday, I need to transcode these files to use as proxys to edit with. I had this problem before with about 30 minutes of footage, I got around this by transcoding to ProRes in Premiere first and then AMA-ing and transcoding those files in Avid. This time I will be dealing with 5 weeks of footage at about 700gb each week. This time, I really would rather not have to transcode to ProRes first because of time and space.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: AVC Intra 100
on May 22, 2015 at 3:00:56 am

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...but your hardware/software may not be up to the task.

I freelance at a place that is running Avid 6.5x on older hardware and they really can't transcode AVC-100 without issues. On my home system, running Avid 8.3 on a 12 core Mac Pro, its no problem at all.

If you can, try upgrading (or run the trial) of MC 8.3 and see if it helps, but your system may be underpowered regardless.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]