<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Schultz
MC adding 10 extra characters to file name on import
on May 13, 2015 at 9:15:10 pm
Last Edited By Bruce Schultz on May 13, 2015 at 9:20:28 pm

Total Noob question;

On import and transcode to MXF, my files start like this, L10001
and end up with this filename; L10001.A15553723C

Since they are stereoscopic 3D files and will be paired with a matching file name like R10001, I don't want to have to go through 400 files and rename them to do the pairing.

How do I prevent MC from doing this and just sticking to the original filename? I'm sure it's a switch in the Import tab but I must have missed it. Also, I am looking at this happening in Finder while it is transcoding and it does appear that many of the clips are split into 2 or 3 sections so perhaps they will be normalized when the transcode finishes.

Return to posts index

Bruce Schultz
Re: SOLVED - MC adding 10 extra characters to file name on import
on May 13, 2015 at 10:26:47 pm
Last Edited By Bruce Schultz on May 13, 2015 at 10:27:24 pm

SOLVED / I think In the bin(s) the files are listed with proper names. When I look inside the Avid MediaFiles folder I see them split up and named with extra characters. I'll leave it at that and hope that MC doesn't mess with the filenames much more.

Bruce Schultz
http://www.hollywooddit.com

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 14, 2015 at 12:23:03 am

The names given to the MediaFiles in the Avid MediaFiles folder are unique to Avid and is managed by a database. Since Avid uses OP1a, meaning each track of a clip is a separate file, the names you see will have an A or V and other unique info.

The actual camera original file name will be either in the TAPE or SOURCE FILE column depending on how the media got created. If via AMA link, it will be in the SOURCE FILE. That is what is used for unique identification, relink, merging and other metadata operations as a SOURCE/REEL ID.

Michael

Return to posts index

Bruce Schultz
on May 14, 2015 at 12:31:19 am

Thanks Michael for your informational input. As you can tell I am an AMC noobie and although I try very hard to RTFM as much as possible, sometimes things are fuzzy in the show notes.

It's taking quite a long time to transcode all of the MTS files I have to do at DNxHD 175 but I'm doing them in big batches and I have several days to get it done. I'm doing it directly into MC to avoid MetaFuze and then I have to do the whole 3D Group thing, but your PDF explains that pretty well.

Thanks again

Bruce Schultz
http://www.hollywooddit.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]