FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Project Format - HD mix SD

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Barrow
Avid Project Format - HD mix SD
on May 13, 2015 at 11:45:20 am

Working in 720p 29.97 project, need to use old 4x3 SD from D-Beta. I've read the way to do this is create 30i NTSC project, digitize, then open footage from the 720p Project.

My question is, in this case, why would it not work to go to the format tab of the 720p project, change to 30i NTSC, digitize D-Beta, then change project format back to 720p and access/use the footage? Does the "format" tab function as it appears when going this route?

It seems this would be the same difference only it would save time and be more cohesive than having 2 separate projects.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid Project Format - HD mix SD
on May 13, 2015 at 3:14:26 pm

When project types have similar characteristics as there in this case, and can be switched in the project profile, you can get away with what you are suggesting. It is when the rates do not have anything in common and are not available via project format that the recommendation is to create a matching project type to the sources.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Avid Project Format - HD mix SD
on May 13, 2015 at 3:17:35 pm

Thanks Michael! I was hoping that was the case. I know 720 59.94 and all the 23-24 fps projects (as well as others) don't allow that. Life is good!

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]