FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA Linking / Transcoding problem w Quicktimes...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Platt
AMA Linking / Transcoding problem w Quicktimes...
on May 11, 2015 at 9:36:18 pm

I AMA linked a group of quicktimes in a project in which I made the format 1080p x 30, but when I go to transcode/consolidate,(I think it should be consolidate anyway?) it doesn't give me the option to press the transcode or consolidate button - it's just not an option. Also, when I play the AMA links back, they appear to be out of sync....Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AMA Linking / Transcoding problem w Quicktimes...
on May 12, 2015 at 3:23:24 am

What is the codec of the Quicktime files? ProRes? H.264? Mpeg2?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jennifer Platt
on May 12, 2015 at 11:05:44 am

The footage was shot on an iPad mini, so I'm guessing H.264? You'll have to excuse me, I'm new at this!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 12, 2015 at 5:26:37 pm

Ah. iPad video might not have a fixed, normal frame rate. I can't say for sure, I don't have an iPad. And TRANSCODE is what you want, Avid won't consolidate the H.264 files the iPad shoots. But...

You might need to first convert the files outside of Avid with a file converter, to DNxHD Quicktimes. You can try EditReady from DivergentMedia.com. There's a free demo available. That might also lock the frame rate to something normal that Avid works with. 29.97 or 23.98....not sure what frame rate the iPad is shooting.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]