FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid-Extend Subclip audio

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Vakrilov
Avid-Extend Subclip audio
on May 11, 2015 at 12:22:23 pm

Hi! I'm new to Avid (ex FCP user :D)and I'm auto-syncing audio from recorder using function AutoSync... The program creates subclips from master clips. But because the timecode from camera is not accurate, I have to resync audio by some frames. But hire comes the problem- I can't extend synced audio tracks. They r cut to length of video. Do someone have suggestions? Thank you! May I use some other function in avid for syncing project? It's about nonfiction movie and there is only timecode synced by hand.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid-Extend Subclip audio
on May 11, 2015 at 4:57:07 pm

Did you happen to do this in a 35mm 4 perf project? See my blog here as to why:
http://24p.com/wordpress/?p=16

Basically you can load any of your .sync clips in the source monitor and slip sync on 1/4 frame boundaries. It will go beyond the frame boundaries. I've slipped sync on shots up to 20+ 1/4 frames which is like 6 full frames either direction provided the master clip had the handles to do so.

Michael

Return to posts index

David Vakrilov
on May 11, 2015 at 5:43:33 pm

Thank you a lot! But I'm not sure That this will be in help for me-in my "difficult" case! :D It's a lot of mess in my head... It's my first project with avid. I'm in deep sea now... The video is shot whit xdcam ex1 and cameraman just sync camera clock whit Roland recorder by hand.It's not accurate at all. And some time there in miss by 3 sec... So i just want to ease my work. Maybe i did not chose the right workflow. Do you know, is there a way to find, from the sub file , witch audio clip is used by subclip. Every advice from experienced editor like you will be helpful. I have two cameras in some of the days but I'll sync it by hand. I'm at beginning. I want to thank you again, Michael!

Best regards, David!

Return to posts index

David Vakrilov
on May 11, 2015 at 5:47:15 pm
Last Edited By David Vakrilov on May 11, 2015 at 5:56:59 pm

ps. I'll reed your topic about 24p projects. It look interesting!!! Is it difficult to change type of my project- I mean to create new one and to move every thing in it. 10X

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 11, 2015 at 6:53:04 pm

I would download the 30 day free trial of PluralEyes and read my blog on how to use it with Media Composer:
http://24p.com/wordpress/?p=218

If not, and assuming there is a clap(?), I would mark an IN on both picture and sound clips, then on a per pair basis, use AutoSync and select Mark IN as the sync method.

If you have no reference at all, then PluralEyes is your savior.

Michael

Return to posts index

David Vakrilov
on May 11, 2015 at 6:59:22 pm
Last Edited By David Vakrilov on May 11, 2015 at 7:06:59 pm

Thanks! Do you know is there a way to find which audio file is used for synced subclip?
Ps. I think there is limitation in length of sequence for Plural Eyes trial...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on May 11, 2015 at 8:16:02 pm

I don't think there are any limitations to the trial version as far as functionality - the only limitation is the 30 days.
http://www.redgiant.com/products/pluraleyes/

If you want to see which clips made up the sync clip, highlight the clip in question, then at the bottom left corner of the bin it is in is a menu (referred to as the hamburger menu) and in there you will find "media relatives" When your bins are open, it will highlight the two clips that made it up. Or of in the same bin, they will become highlighted.

Michael

Return to posts index

David Vakrilov
on May 11, 2015 at 8:50:36 pm

Thanks! Great! It was helpful! I'll try Plurall Eyes and if it works fine we could bay it. The synchronisation is so time-consuming...

Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]