FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA RED footage won't link to any volume or any files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Breuer
AMA RED footage won't link to any volume or any files
on May 9, 2015 at 6:08:17 pm

Symphony 6.0.4 , MAC Pro 2.26 OS 10.8.5 32 Gig ram

I have been editing a feature doc over the last few years and finally we are going to conform and color correct. It was shot on a lot of different cameras and most of the footage ingested via AMA and transcoded to DNXHD 115 for the offline. The exception is a bunch of shots from a Red camera (I think Scarlet) in 2012 which were transcoded in Redcine X and then imported into the Avid.

I now need to access the original RED footage to replace the DNXHD 115 shots in the timeline. When I go to Link to AMA Volume and select the red folder (path: GRAID 6TB/DEMON ACT 2 DRIVE 1/RED CARDS/RED CARD #1 2/28/A004_0207NS.RDM) nothing happens.

When I try to go another layer down to link to individual files I get an error message.

The AMA pulldown menu RED is selected, so the plugin is inatalled.

All the other AMA footage (Sony EX3, Sony f3, Sony a7s and Canon 5D) are ama linking correctly.

Where have I gone wrong?

Are the folders on the wrong level? If so which ones?

Where does Avid store the AMA plugins so I can check the version number of the red plugin?

Needless to say I'm under a deadline.

Thanks a bunch for any help.

Tony Breuer

Tony Breuer

Return to posts index

Tony Breuer
Re: AMA RED footage won't link to any volume or any files
on May 9, 2015 at 9:49:50 pm

Avid L2 gave me the solution. I removed the alases and pound signs from the path and all is well.

Thanks anyway.

Tony Breuer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]