FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to Install AVID Media Composer 8.3.1 trail version on MAC OS 10.10.3 iMac

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Paesel
Trying to Install AVID Media Composer 8.3.1 trail version on MAC OS 10.10.3 iMac
on May 8, 2015 at 11:14:46 pm

Hello Avid gurus. I'm trying to install the Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 trial version on my iMac(2011)OS 10.10.3 (Yosemite)and I tried it on an AirMac OS 10.8.4(Mountain Lion) with the same error message. I don't have 8GB of RAM but it still should install and run(if sluggish). I get the same error message for both which is:

Assertion failed: m_pPrimaryBufferPtr
File:
/Snapshots/relengmtnlion4_1425611347/core/src/player/ALocateBufferMgr.c,
Line: 465

Is there anyway around this? I would like to brush up on my Avid skills for a few days. Thanks in advance for any advice you have.

Return to posts index

Graham Tees
Re: Trying to Install AVID Media Composer 8.3.1 trial version on MAC OS 10.10.3 iMac
on May 9, 2015 at 8:27:32 am

10.10.3 is not supported on Avid yet, so that may be the problem

Return to posts index

Erik Paesel
Re: Trying to Install AVID Media Composer 8.3.1 trail version on MAC OS 10.10.3 iMac
on May 9, 2015 at 1:48:11 pm

Thank you for the reply. As mentioned above I also tried to install it on a Mac running OS 10.8.4 and got the same error message. Does anyone know what Mac OS you can run AVID media composer 8.3.1 trail version on successfully?

Return to posts index

Duane Martin
Re: Trying to Install AVID Media Composer 8.3.1 trail version on MAC OS 10.10.3 iMac
on May 26, 2015 at 11:48:22 pm

Though not officially supported Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 will install on Mac OS 10.10.3. The trial version is the actual full version with a 30 day limit. If you were to purchase a license you would simply apply the license to the version you have already installed.

As to "successfully", there are a lot of bugs running MC 8.3.1, some of which might be attributed to the unsupported OS 10.10.3, but many have been around for a few MC versions. If you are installing this on a MacBook Pro and start experiencing frequent (hourly) kernel panics just quit the Avid Application Manager, but be aware it will start up again every time you restart your computer. No worries, the kernel panic will remind you.

No idea why you are seeing that error message but I will try to look further.

Duane Martin
Avid MC 8.3.1; FCP 7.0.4; FCP X 10.2.1; Premiere Pro (not currently)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]