FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a video scrapbook in Avid Media Composer version 8

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregg Hawks
Creating a video scrapbook in Avid Media Composer version 8
on May 6, 2015 at 12:06:57 pm

Years ago in Avid DV Express you could select all the pictures in a bin, set an in and out point on one picture (providing handles for each picture) and it would apply it to all pictures. I can't do this in Avid 8 or better said, I don't know how. I want to have each picture be around 6 seconds, but want a transition between each picture. Oh great Gods of Avid, I plea your wisdom! How can I do this?

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: Creating a video scrapbook in Avid Media Composer version 8
on May 7, 2015 at 8:13:26 am

It's been quite a while but from what I recall...

Select all clips in your bin. Go into Script view. Hit the 2 key (to go 10 frames forward and NOT on the number pad) enough times to get you the handle length you need. Mark IN. For 6 secs hit the 2 key 18 times to get your 6 secs each. Mark OUT. I think you can take it from there :)

Return to posts index

Gregg Hawks
on May 7, 2015 at 1:51:01 pm

thanks William, I believed that was the procedure I remembered too, but in testing I may have missed something, it didn't work.

Return to posts index

Graham Tees
on May 7, 2015 at 2:01:46 pm

Once you are in Script column, and all clips are selected, press T to clear any existing mark in/outs, then press Q to take you to the start of each clip,then use the 2 and 4 keys to set your new in/out points.

After this send all clips to the timeline, and set a in point at the first edit and an out point at the last edit - then go to quick transitions, select your required transition, check the box that says "Apply to all..." and then Add.

Return to posts index

Gregg Hawks
on May 7, 2015 at 2:42:56 pm

Thanks Graham, I followed the instructions step by step. It works for the first clip, however the following clips are the original import length. I've tried using select all for the clips in the bin as well as using shift/click and all are selected but I must be missing something to get it to apply to all clips. Thanks to all for trying to pull my butt out of the fire.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]