FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dissolve not working

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathalie Moussa
Dissolve not working
on May 4, 2015 at 9:12:36 pm

Hello,

I have a one sequence video. I want to add a dissolve between two shots in this sequence,so I clicked add edit to separate those 2 shots. When I apply the dissolve button centered on cut, I can see it placed on the add edit, however, no change in the video appears. How can i solve it? If I apply fade to color or other effects, I do not face this problem. I am only facing it with dissolve.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Dissolve not working
on May 4, 2015 at 9:23:07 pm

you added an edit so there is no extra video to dissolve to or from. If the add edit was on a cut and they are stills, you can make them freeze frams and make a dissolve. If they are moving shots you could slo-mo and get handles to make a dissolve. If they are talking heads, you might could tighten the edit (depending on audio) both video and audio and make a dissolve ... the more you tighten or edit out the longer the dissolve you can make.

You may have several options but it depends on content.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Dissolve not working
on May 5, 2015 at 2:08:14 pm

Just to add to this Nathalie, dissolves are commonly used when you are working with the original edits that made up the sequence...not a baked in quicktime movie.

You have to look at your footage and ask yourself, what frames are available for the computer to build the dissolve with. On a baked in quicktime movie, there are no extra frames.

As Ricky pointed out, there are some work arounds you could try, but the effect you are looking for really needs the original edits in place.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]