FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch import question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joao Rodrigues
Batch import question
on May 3, 2015 at 7:10:28 am

If I´ve logged my proxy clips from XDCam PDW-U2, is possible I do the batch import HiRes XDCam 50 Mbs HD422 in an PC?
The path in Mac are /Volume/Xdcam and the path in Windows is F:/ the batch import can't find the HiRes files in PC! Do I must to do it only in a Mac OS because it was logged in a Mac or is possible change this path some way?
If it´s possible, please let me know how?

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Batch import question
on May 3, 2015 at 2:04:18 pm

No. Link via AMA.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 3, 2015 at 3:46:23 pm

If you go to do a batch import, Avid should ask you to locate the files if the path doesn't exist anymore. Select them all, and hit the set file location button. Once you id one files location, I believe Avid will find the rest of the files.

If the files were originally AMA'd ,then as John says, just re-ama them. If your AMA's were spread out over several bins, you can make a single bin called re_Ama or something like that, and ama everything into that bin. The other amas should update at that point.

Use the "alt" drag to bin for quicker ama linking in this situation.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Joao Rodrigues
on May 3, 2015 at 7:12:35 pm

Hi John, Hi Glenn,

Thank you a lot for tour help! Unfortunately, the project is very huge, all mxf files are from xdcam media, it wasn't impossible to be in AMA because are about 6 video tracks and 12 audio tracks, and about 50 minutes of duration, in this case probably there is no way to relink it from Mac to PC, isn't it?

Cheers :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]