FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC8 timeline shows duplicate audio tracks

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebecca Fogel
MC8 timeline shows duplicate audio tracks
on Apr 30, 2015 at 10:36:01 pm

Hi all -

I've been working in a Media Composer timeline with several audio tracks - a mix of both stereo and mono. Yesterday I added three more stereo audio tracks, but for some reason I see a duplicate of each of those three tracks in my timeline. These duplicates cannot be deleted - for example, deleting one track labeled A17 also deletes the other A17.

My first thought was to go to the Hamburger menu > Show Track, and then deselect the repeated audio tracks. It worked and I even saved the timeline view setting afterwards. BUT as soon as I used a different view setting (for example, I have one with waveforms and one without) and then switched back to the newly saved setting, the duplicates were back. I have restarted both the software alone and the entire computer, as well as created a new sequence, but I am not having any luck.

I'm hoping someone can explain why this is happening and suggest a solution, if one exists! I feel like I'm probably missing something very straightforward!

Many thanks in advance

-Rebecca

----

Specs:
Media Composer 8.2.0 software only
MacPro 2 x 2.93 Ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon
16 GB RAM
OS X 10.9.5

Return to posts index

Rebecca Fogel
Re: MC8 timeline shows duplicate audio tracks
on May 1, 2015 at 12:45:05 am

Two screenshots of my issue...

8787_1.png.zip

8788_2.png.zip

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 1, 2015 at 1:56:49 pm

I had this exact same issue when I took over a project from another editor. My only solution was to make a new sequence and cut the old into the new.

It was the dangdest thing.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rebecca Fogel
on May 1, 2015 at 5:39:17 pm

Thanks Shane. Yeah, I've tried to create a new sequence but it didn't solve the issue unfortunately. Perhaps it's the project?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 1, 2015 at 6:06:32 pm

Perhaps. Make a new project, and new sequence, and bring the bin from the old project over...see if that helps. I recall it took me a lot of work to get the sequence right.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rebecca Fogel
on May 1, 2015 at 6:14:26 pm

Update:

I created a new project and copied over all the bins from the old one. The duplicated tracks are no longer showing in the timeline, although they do still appear under Fast Menu > Show Track. I can deal with that though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]