FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound-import issues in Avid Media Composer

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Torstensson
Sound-import issues in Avid Media Composer
on Apr 28, 2015 at 2:44:42 pm

Hi! I am experiencing a problem on AVID where I am trying to import the sound-files from our shoot.

The whole problem is that only around 50 % of the files are imported.

It seems like it is a bug inside the program, I have checked that the sound files are alright and I do not understand why the problem is occurring.

File types is .wav and I am using a licensed version of Avid Media Composer 8.

Any help to resolve this would be ACE!!!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Sound-import issues in Avid Media Composer
on Apr 28, 2015 at 4:17:03 pm

Assuming all the WAV files were recorded the same way? What recorder what used? Are these polyphonic or monophonic files. For example, if they are monophonic and two tracks were recorded, and import settings were set to detect monophonic, you would end up with one clip for every two recorded, but the one clip would have two tracks. This reducing the actual file count by 50%.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jonathan Torstensson
on Apr 29, 2015 at 9:54:31 am

Yes, all of them are recorded the same way, I am not entirely sure what recorded were used.

8773_screenshot20150429at11.46.44am.png.zip

I try to explain what happens to the sound files in the screenshot I took.

The files on the left side named "gallery" are the sound files, you can see they are numbered but half of the numbers are missing. We have a file named Gallery 1 and then it jumps to Gallery 25.

This is the issue, I do not know why some of the files do not import into avid when I choose the whole folder. Is there any way to import these files correctly?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 29, 2015 at 10:31:51 am

Folder import may be a little funky, but I never use folder based imports myself to know for sure. Some things to try:

1. Try importing just one of the single WAV files that did not import. Does it work? If so, can you select the span needed and does that work?
2. Drag a drop missing files onto the bin
3. Does the WAV/iXML AMAplug-in see them?

Michael

Return to posts index

Jonathan Torstensson
on Apr 29, 2015 at 11:44:03 am

Okay, if I try to import them individually with normal import it only says "GALLERY01" even though I choose Gallery 24 file. It is no explanation to it, probably a bug within the program.

If I import via AMA link and only choose one file it appears to be working.

GALLERY 24 file is imported correctly through AMA-link.

If I drag and drop the same things happen as when I try to import.

When I try to do the same thing with one of the other files, like for example GALLERY 23 with AMA link it somehow only connects to the Gallery 01 file. Still an unexplainable bug!!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 29, 2015 at 2:49:48 pm

When you look st the Tracks column for those clips, are they all the same or do some have more than others? I wonder if whether the number at the end caused MC to think of them as monophonic tracks and either ignored them or combined them up to the internal number of tracks it supports (24).

Try changing the name on a few of those files that do not import to not have a number at the end and try again.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jonathan Torstensson
on Apr 30, 2015 at 9:14:12 am

Actually, it seems like that is working, I just did it on three files...

Very strange, but it keeps the original names with numbers when I do import them!

Thanks for helping me out!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 30, 2015 at 12:45:38 pm

Usually with BWF files, if there is metadata in the Scene and Take fields, those get concatenated into the clip name during import separated by a /. I can't remember what it uses if there is no values in those fields. But if you open that file in Wave Agent, you can see the different metadata fields and values.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]