FORUMS: list search recent posts

I desperately need Automatic Duck

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Morrison
I desperately need Automatic Duck
on Apr 25, 2015 at 3:13:16 pm

For reasons not worth getting into I DESPERATELY need to download/get a version of Automatic Duck so I can transcode an AVID EDL into FCPX XML. OR I need another program that can do it. All the AD sources are gone (for good reason). I'm just caught in a stupid projects/systems/different computers situation that probably couldn't be replicated if I (or anyone) tried.

Anyone help a brother out? I've been in this Hell for the last two months and I'm about to loose it.

HELP!

--Morrison

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: I desperately need Automatic Duck
on Apr 25, 2015 at 6:05:21 pm

Resolve Lite should be able to do that. Import EDL, then export FCPXML from the timeline created by the import.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 25, 2015 at 11:36:20 pm

That's your best bet. The versions of the duck currently available only convert Avid to FCP 7. Then you need another tool to go from FCP 7 to FCX. That one isn't free.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Christopher Morrison
on Apr 26, 2015 at 8:14:37 am

Sorry, should have mentioned that. I can't freakin' run Resolve Lite (I'm a director/writer not a pro editor) as I'm on an early 2011 Macbook pro with only 8GB of RAM and an Intel 3000 graphics card. I have an old version of FCP7 still running, so no problems there...I'm not even trying to get to FCPX.

SO....still need Auto Duck as I'm still living in 2012 at the latest tech-wise here.

Any help?

Anyone? **taps mic** This thing on? **Begins crying silently due to unmanliness and weeks of frustration**

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 26, 2015 at 11:12:43 am

Doesn't FCP7 import EDL's? the only issue is if the Avid EDL is using a template not supported by FCP7 like the 16 or 32 character source file versions to keep up with modern formats. If not, send your EDL to me at michael[at]24p[dot]com and I'll run it through Resolve.

Michael

Return to posts index

Christopher Morrison
on Jul 13, 2015 at 6:08:36 pm

Someone help this poor man out...I feel your pain! Sorry I can't seem to get AutoDuck out of Avid as a DMG otherwise I'd put it up somewhere for you. Hey, maybe Mr. Michael Phillips would be kind enough to extend his offer to you?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Apr 26, 2015 at 2:35:40 pm

http://www.axlevideo.com/axletransfer.html

Axle Transfer (formerly Boris Transfer) has a 14 day free trial. Does pretty much the same thing as Automatic Duck.

I have the Boris version (they sold it recently) and it works well enough. Keep in mind there are many things Avid does quite differently than FCP7, so no translation is ever perfect.

J

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 26, 2015 at 3:17:14 pm

The free download pages seems to be working here>

http://74.220.215.54/~automay5/products/

Glenn

Return to posts index

Christopher Morrison
on Apr 27, 2015 at 11:11:47 am

Okay. I think I'm good. So many thanks for the help (and the time travel back to the early 10's).

After freaking out b/c I forgot to tick the "Use Media" box for the first import...I went back and did that so that the media was actually linked in FCP7. Then kicked out the OMF. I think I'm good.

Alle-freakin'-lujah.

Again, many thanks, especially for the AutoDuck find...could not dig that up.

--Morrison

Return to posts index

Sam Parker
on Jun 24, 2015 at 12:47:07 am

The link that Glenn posted is no longer accessible. I'm in the same boat as Christopher (need automatic duck, computer not compatible with Davinci). Any other tips for where I could find an old download of Automatic Duck? Most links now just direct you to an expired page.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 13, 2015 at 6:12:09 pm

Have you tried Resolve Lite?

Michael

Return to posts index

Wes Plate
on Aug 7, 2015 at 11:48:21 pm

Sam, did you get what you needed?

Return to posts index