FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird Avid error I have never seen.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Howard
Weird Avid error I have never seen.
on Apr 25, 2015 at 2:12:19 pm

Hello,

I'm just experiencing a weird crash of Avid (PC) during startup that I have never experienced before. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and upgrading. The error I am receiving is:

Exception: ADMPasshroughPhaseTransition Failed to make transition, expected:3, found:0

I was running Media Composer 7.0.3 when the crash first started. I've now uninstalled and updated to 7.0.4

I also recently updated to a Quadro K4200 graphics card but have since been editing with this in place so I do not think this is responsible...

No idea why this is happening. Does anyone have any ideas?

Kind regards

Return to posts index

Steve Howard
Re: Weird Avid error I have never seen.
on Apr 26, 2015 at 2:49:34 am

So I have been scouring the web and have called up numerous Editor friends and no one has any idea...
I am guessing ADM stands for Administrative Template (Microsoft).

So my theory is something is happening in the communication between Avid and my drives...
Any thoughts or opinions?

I have once again uninstalled Avid Media Composer before removing two drives where my main suspicion was directed in regards to the error.

I reinstalled Avid Media Composer but it is still not working. Though it did seem to get further through the startup process...I guess I can call that small progress haha.

Return to posts index

Ryan Jensen
on Apr 26, 2015 at 5:11:04 am

Did this start happening when you change your GFX card?

Avid is very specific with the GFX drivers it needs.

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Apr 26, 2015 at 1:49:08 pm

Might want to check which nVidia GPU driver you've installed. Make sure you're using the version Avid recommends.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]