FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Composer AAF Export Effect Rendering

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erich Thienhaus
Media Composer AAF Export Effect Rendering
on Apr 16, 2015 at 7:33:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to roundtrip an avid sequence to Resolve for final grading. Everything works fine so far via AAF ex/import except of one aspect: I used several effects that are not supported by Resolve, so I selected the AAF export option "Render Effects". But when I'm importing that AAF into Resolve, it still links to the original clips rather than to the prerendered effect versions.

If I select the option "Mixdown Effects to V1" it works, but than I have also the cross dissolves rendered, what I of course don't want, to grade dissolved shots seperately.

Anyone any suggestion for me?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Media Composer AAF Export Effect Rendering
on Apr 16, 2015 at 9:34:40 pm

A roundtrip assumes you'll eventually end up back in MC, so while you cannot see the effects on those particular effects, you can color correct the sources and when bringing the AAF back into Media Composer, the effects get applied.

If you are finishing completely in Resolve, then it is a different matter. I have created separate V tracks with handles for the dissolves when working that way and recreate the dissolves in Resolve while other effects were rendered in.

Michael

Return to posts index

Erich Thienhaus
Re: Media Composer AAF Export Effect Rendering
on Apr 17, 2015 at 12:01:20 am

okay, that makes sense... I indeed plan to later go back to MC.
The big problem are some 240fps slomos with some more advanced timewarp speed ramping, if I get them unrendered via AAF into Resolve, those clips start right at the beginning of the coresponding source file, resulting in the "wrong" content.

Isn't there a way to include explicitely prerendered effectfiles in an exported AAF? (I rendered those effects already in the sequence)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]