FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve can not see MXF files

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hollie Cooper
Resolve can not see MXF files
on Apr 15, 2015 at 10:46:11 pm
Last Edited By Hollie Cooper on Apr 15, 2015 at 10:57:31 pm

So this is my first ever time using Resolve and I'm still pretty new to Avid.

but anyway, I'm looking to import via AAF my 4K clips from Avid (which originally were recorded in XAVC format, then AMA linked and then transcoded to a low res proxy file, edited, then relinked back to the 4K footage) I had a slight problem with the relinking but managed to (somehow) work it out.

However, now when I come to import my AAF file into Resolve Lite I get an error message that no clips were found. I can import the original 4k footage into the media pool but this does not help resolve find the MXF footage needed for the AAF file...when I look for the MXF footage manually, it seems the folders are there with only a few clips (these clips arnt native XAVC, they are MOV files)

I hope this makes sense... but I'm slightly confused as to where my MXF footage is...they are on my hard drive, when i search outside of the program but if I search my hard drive through resolve there are no files... i think this is the reason resolve cant link my AAF file to any footage...any help?

THANKS!

So just to clear up its when avid transcodes to DNxHD that resolve no longer can find the footage...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Resolve can not see MXF files
on Apr 16, 2015 at 1:05:49 am

You can either add the Avid MediaFiles/MXF/ numbered folders to the media pool, or when importing the AAF there is a checkbox to add source files to mediapool. If the AAF points to the MXF files, then they should be added as part of that process.

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 16, 2015 at 1:09:12 am

Take a look at this tutorial:
http://www.provideocoalition.com/media-composer-101-advanced-4k-workflows-p...

Return to posts index

Hollie Cooper
on Apr 16, 2015 at 10:34:54 am

Thanks Michael,

This is what i thought...that i needed to import the files first but the problem is, I can locate my "Avid media files" folder in Resolve, then into the respective file folders where my MXF files should be stored but they are empty.

I had another read and I think it is because my footage from Avid is DNxHR, a codec that only the newest Resolve can handle. I'm running Resolve 11.1 and the update is in 11.2

Is there anyway of overcoming this? I need to keep my 4K footage but I'm wondering if there is another way of getting my sequence into Resolve?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 16, 2015 at 2:50:27 pm

why don't you update your resolve?

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]