FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Mixdown: Quality Loss??

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kale Reum
Avid Mixdown: Quality Loss??
on Apr 14, 2015 at 8:39:36 pm

Hello,

Is there any quality loss when you do a XDCam HD 50Mbits video mixdown of a sequence with XDCam HD 50Mbits footage?

Here is why:
I am currently working on a documentary. I have 4 days of footage shot on a C300 and sound recorded on a zoom h4. The footage is a bit of a mess. The camera operator was very trigger happy and the director was operating the zoom like it was an arcade game. Short version, I've got a 2 system shoot with allot of clips.

The footage has been imported into avid at XDCam HD 50Mbits and the Pluraleyes has done most of the heavy lifting for the syncing. What I've been asked to do is create subclips for the writer and editor that have the footage and audio from the camera and the audio from the zoom (each subclip would have 6 tracks of audio). Even automating part of the process using hotkeys it's taking forever. If I can mixdown sections of the footage it will allow me to subclip larger sections of the sequence rather than going clip by clip.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid Mixdown: Quality Loss??
on Apr 14, 2015 at 9:20:53 pm

Forget quality loss. You will lose your ability to properly track the footage if you do that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 14, 2015 at 11:56:36 pm

Here is what reality TV show assistants do that share the same hell you are going through:

https://viewfromthecuttingroomfloor.wordpress.com/2008/04/17/multigroups/

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 15, 2015 at 12:08:16 am

Ah...good. You found that. I was looking, but because I don't do this, I didn't know what to look for. Yeah, our assistants REALLY earn their pay making multigroups with multiple cameras starting and stopping

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kale Reum
on Apr 15, 2015 at 2:45:33 pm

Thanks Michael.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]