FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Animations into Timeline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Harper
Adding Animations into Timeline
on Apr 14, 2015 at 2:36:57 pm

Hello all

I was wondering if anyone would be able go through with me on how to do this, I'll try and explain this as clearly as possible.
Basically want I'm wanting to do is have this animation of a person's name appear in front of the person as he is talking.
I have the footage of the person, and I have a .MOV film of the 'Animation' as it were of the person's name.
The .MOV file of the name is 1920x1080, so obviously I want to scale it down so it doesn't take up the whole screen and just a small space in front of the person. The footage of the person itself is UltraHD and the timeline itself is a UltraHD timeline as well.

Cheers,

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Adding Animations into Timeline
on Apr 14, 2015 at 6:35:00 pm

Put a 3D Warp effect on it and resize?

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 15, 2015 at 1:47:28 pm

Does your animation have a key channel built into it?

You will probably want to import it with the alpha reversed. It should then come in as a keyable element. Put it on a new video track on top of your interview. Then use Michaels suggestion to move it around, and scale to fit.

If it doesn't have a key channel, but has a solid bar built into it, then you could crop out the black and move it around to fit...again, on a new video track.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Neil Ryan
on Apr 17, 2015 at 12:17:24 am

or is it PROMOTE TO 3D rather than add 3D WARP effect?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 17, 2015 at 2:21:25 pm

Basically two different ways to achieve the same thing.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Adam Harper
on Apr 30, 2015 at 4:17:48 pm

Hi sorry for the lack of activity, computer decided it would have a barrage of problems one after the other and have only just got it fully up and running again.

When I import the clip into AVID it has a Key symbol next to it says Matte Key: "Name of animation", so I'm guessing that means it has a key channel built into it?

However I now have a new bunch of problems as the animations are at 23.976 FPS and 1920x1080, whilst the footage is at 25 FPS and 3840x2160.

Importing the animations into the main project timeline (which is a 25FPS 3840x2160 timeline) does not work as it asks me to AMA-Link the media. It says "For larger than HD media with an alpha channel, please use the AMA-Link method instead of import" (even though its 1920x1080 and unless if I'm making a seriously rookie error here, that is HD right?). I tried to AMA-Link and transcode but it won't do that because it's an animation effect and then tells me to import it and transcode it that way.

When I try using it directly from the AMA-Link on a video track, all that seems to happen is everything around the 'name animation' is black and you can only see the footage through the name (if that makes sense).

I then tried making a new project where I could import the clips with the Alpha reversed (Invert on import?), then copied the BIN with the now imported clips into the other project. However when I tried that, it says the "Matte Key frame rate does not match the project frame rate, reimport the matte key from it's original source").

It seems that each solution brings me back to one of the other issues each time. Any ideas on how I can over come this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 30, 2015 at 4:50:37 pm

I believe alpha channel support with DNxHR codec is in the next release.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 30, 2015 at 9:03:28 pm

It sounds like your ama key is working, you just have to invert it.

If you are seeing footage through the text, instead of around the text, which is what I'm getting from your comment.

Call up your keyer properties and invert the alpha.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Adam Harper
on May 18, 2015 at 5:29:28 pm

Great, all seems to be working now. Thanks a bunch guys :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]