FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which Monitor to Buy?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan Ilea
Which Monitor to Buy?
on Apr 12, 2015 at 5:31:40 pm

Is there an "industry standard" or at least a general consensus of what 27"+ monitor to buy that is under $5000 for color grading?

I have not come across any definitive list, but the brands that have popped up are NEC, Dell, Asus, Eizo. Surprisingly I haven't scene the HP dream color line mentioned from posts I've read. Any suggestions as to which brand/brands and models to focus on?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
Re: Which Monitor to Buy?
on Apr 12, 2015 at 6:04:23 pm
Last Edited By Bill Ravens on Apr 12, 2015 at 8:53:47 pm

I think you've named them all, with the possible exception of Flanders Scientific. What is also important is to be able to accurately calibrate any monitor, for which there are only two possible vendors, Spectracal or LightIllusion.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 13, 2015 at 1:39:50 am

Every one you named is a COMPUTER DISPLAY, not a color grading monitor. FSI (flanders Scientific) is a good one, and affordable. I have relied on one for years and cannot recommend them more. Also look at the Sony LED, Barco (not cheap), JVC...but I recommned FSI.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Robb Albrecht
on Apr 14, 2015 at 2:47:16 am

I have a Dreamcolor and I love it. The picture is awesome but it's also kind of finicky about how you get it to display Rec. 709 color.

Robb
Editor/Photographer
Los Osos, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]