FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to transfer a Premiere Pro CC 8 project to Avid Media Composer 8 ?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Palle Demant
How to transfer a Premiere Pro CC 8 project to Avid Media Composer 8 ?
on Apr 10, 2015 at 8:48:27 am

I'm trying to transfer a Premiere Pro CC 8 (2014) project to Avid Media Composer 8, and have tried all kinds of things, without luck. Does anyone know how to do it?

(I have tried EDL, AAF, XML)

(The source footage is Quicktime H264, so it needs to be transcoded. I am working on a new Macbook Pro)

Thanks!!

Palle

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: How to transfer a Premiere Pro CC 8 project to Avid Media Composer 8 ?
on Apr 10, 2015 at 12:49:56 pm

Premiere does export an AAF as well, and is something to try, but most methods are somewhat hit and miss. I am currently converting a feature that started on PPro to Media Composer from RED files and am using an EDL. The EDL is not the greatest as there are black holes in many areas, but I get a 70% start. I import, decompose, then relink that sequence to the RED files using "relink to selected". Thankfully the sequences are still 90% straight cuts at this stage, so it is fairly straightforward.

Many people have also had success conforming in Resolve to the sources, then exporting out an AAF for Media Composer using Resolve as a Rosetta Stone (so to speak).

Michael

Return to posts index

Robb Albrecht
Re: How to transfer a Premiere Pro CC 8 project to Avid Media Composer 8 ?
on Apr 14, 2015 at 2:53:38 am

That's an interesting idea, Michael. I'm pretty new to Avid and I've been trying to get some FCP and PPro sequences into Media Composer. So far nothing works but I'll try the Resolve Rosetta Stone method.

Robb
Freelance Film & Video Editor
Los Osos, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]