FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Projects may not be missing after all, but ...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Spears
Avid Projects may not be missing after all, but ...
on Apr 10, 2015 at 4:13:11 am

IN my previous post/query I mentioned that my AVID Projects folder was now empty. Somehow, I found the old folder containing my current AVID Projects and I made copies of the folder to several Hard Drives, as well as put one on the Desktop. I also put the AVID Projects folder in the Documents section of the Finder where it always was. I noticed that the folder icon also appeared in the "PLaces" section on the list of docs, drives, etc. that are connected to the MAC

And then I tried to open AVID again! As AVID was opening there were two messages saying that an error was encountered, but when I clicked "Continue" the AVID proceeded to open further. UNTIL it reached the home page of the AVID when it announced that a "fatal error" has occured and it "quit unexpectedly." What to do??

It's midnight here in D.C. now and I am tempted to shut down, go to bed, and try again in the morning. When I do try again, should I attempt to rid the Finder of the extra AVID Project folder? Or what??

Thanks for listening. Any ideas would be most appreciated. I am very far along in this project and really don't need any major setbacks!!

Ross

Never Give Up

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid Projects may not be missing after all, but ...
on Apr 10, 2015 at 12:55:48 pm

Media Composer has three areas where it can store projects depending on whether you want them to be private, shared or at a specific folder path. That is selected at the project select/creation window. Sometimes that loses its preferences and you need to reset that preference or reselect the path of not in the private/public section of the OS.

As far as fatal errors go, if it is not a project path related thing, your best bet may be to uninstall and reinstall the software.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]