FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding Info to Clips and EDL

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Moise
Adding Info to Clips and EDL
on Apr 1, 2015 at 9:13:27 pm

Greetings,

I'm looking to add information to a group of clips and include that info in the EDL. I'm working with the CMX 3600 EDL. Right now I have the Camroll info, but there's another additional number that I have to include.

How do you add more numerical info to clips in Avid? How can I add that info to the EDL?

Thanks,
Josh
Avid MC 6
Intel Xeon

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Adding Info to Clips and EDL
on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:13:19 pm

EDL's are pretty strict depending on what you want to do with the information. EDL Manager is even more limiting as to what it will add to an EDL, so that is most likely a dead end. What other info and what is the end goal of the EDL downstream?

Michael

Return to posts index

Joshua Moise
on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:18:47 pm

Thanks, Michael. The end goal is to include an additional reference number for the footage in the EDL. Yeah, the EDL manager is very limiting and seems very picky about which bin columns they include. In the EDL manager, for example, you can include the "comments", but I don't see that bin column option in Avid. Pretty frustrating.

Josh

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:31:05 pm

I wrote a blog last year that repurposed the ASC CDL fields since they can be added to an EDL to track things like stock footage:

http://24p.com/wordpress/?p=62

Michael

Return to posts index

Joshua Moise
on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:55:27 pm

Fantastic. Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]