FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unexplained Motion Adaptors Showing Up on 25fps Progressive footage in 25fps Progressive Sequence

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
Unexplained Motion Adaptors Showing Up on 25fps Progressive footage in 25fps Progressive Sequence
on Mar 31, 2015 at 8:59:05 pm

Hi,

I posted about this in the Avid community forums, but didn't find an answer.

I have quicktime files that were given to me by a title designer that are showing up as 25 fps in Quicktime and when AMA linked in Avid, show as 25 fps progressive. However, when I place them in a 25 fps progressive timeline, I get the green dot motion adaptors. Any idea what could be causing this?

I checked the field motion tab of the AMA linked files and everything was in order.

An additional problem I have is that when I import the quicktime as DNxHD 185 and then compare it with a transcode to DNxHD 185, there is a slight gamma shift. Not sure why this is happening. There should be no difference visually between an import and a transcode. I suspect there's something wrong with AMA. I am on Media Composer 8.3.0 in OS X 10.10.1

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
Re: Unexplained Motion Adaptors Showing Up on 25fps Progressive footage in 25fps Progressive Sequence
on Mar 31, 2015 at 10:29:56 pm

Is it a motion adaptor? Could be a frame flex or colour management indicator too... right click on clip and check that all the source settings are correct.

Gamma shift is part of QT with DNX I think. Might well be full swing v video levels thing, or a gamma issue

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
Re: Unexplained Motion Adaptors Showing Up on 25fps Progressive footage in 25fps Progressive Sequence
on Mar 31, 2015 at 10:46:57 pm

Wow, Trevor! You were right! It was the source settings. I had to remove the color transformation to fix the gamma issue and weirdly had to change the playback frame rate from "Clip's FPS (25.00) to "Project's FPS (25.00)".

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]